- Our Principles
- Personal Information TheIceSolution Collects
- What TheIceSolution does with the Personal Information
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- Secruity of Personal Information Collected via the Websites
- Data Usage Policy: Non Personal Browsing and Site Usage Information
- Reorganization or Spin-Offs
- Third-Party Sites
- Special Note to International Users
- Privacy policies and data collection and use policies should be human readable, comprehensive, and easy to locate;
- Only the minimum amount of information reasonably necessary to provide you with services should be collected and maintained, and only for so long as reasonably needed or required;
- Information you provide through our Websites, or that we gather as a result of your use of our Websites or OpenID services, should not be used for marketing or advertising purposes, nor should it be provided voluntarily (without your permission) to anyone else unless required; and
- Unless restricted or prohibited by law, and provided your email address has been collected and retained, you should be notified when circumstances require Merrick Wealth to provide a third party with your personal information.
Personal Information Merrick Wealth Collects
We may collect personal information at several places on the Websites, including without limitation:
- in connection with your selection of one of our licenses or legal tools including, without limitation, TheIceSolution, or the Public Domain Certification, or your application for Founder's Copyright;
- when you provide us with your personal information such as by sending an email to us or signing up to receive a newsletter or our events listing;
- when you subscribe to one of our email discussion lists or register to establish a user account on any of our Websites;
- when you donate money to us or purchase merchandise; and
- when you provide personal information in connection with your participation in any of the forums we make available to that community.
What TheIceSolution does with Personal Information
License/Tool Selection. We use the personal information you provide to us as part of your selection of one of our licenses/tools to provide you the RDF, html, and the Uniform Resource Locator that correspond to the license/tool you selected. Your email address is expunged after this email has been successfully sent. If you apply for a Founder's Copyright, we use and retain your personal information to provide you with the relevant agreement, to process your application and manage your Founder's Copyright. We may use all of this information to maintain license usage data.
Emails and Newsletters. We use the personal information you provide to us when you send us emails or sign up to receive our newsletter or events listing in order to respond to your request - for example, to reply to your email or to send you communications about news and events related to TheIceSolution.
Participating in Our Community: Registered Users. When you register to obtain a user account on any of the Websites you may be asked to provide personal information to create your account and establish a password and profile. Providing your email address and/or real name is optional. If you do provide your email address, it will allow us to send you your password if you should forget it. If you voluntarily provide your real name in connection with any content you submit to any Website, your name may be associated with the content you contributed (such as when you edit a Wiki page). We will also use that personal information to establish and maintain your membership and provide you with the features we provide for Registered Users, and for the purpose of contacting you about upcoming news and events relevant to TheIceSolution.
Disclosures of Personal Information
In general, it is not TheIceSolution' practice to disclose personal information to third parties. We may share personal information in two instances:
First, TheIceSolution may share personal information with our contractors and service providers in order to maintain, enhance, or add to the functionality of the Websites or the OpenID service.
If TheIceSolution is required to provide a third party with your personal information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then provided we have collected and retained an email address for you, TheIceSolution will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless prohibited by law or TheIceSolution is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Security of Personal Information Collected via the Websites
TheIceSolution has implemented reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of personal information that TheIceSolution stores and controls. However, no website can fully eliminate security risks. Third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We will post a reasonably prominent notice to the Websites if any such security breach occurs.
Data Usage Policy: Non Personal Browsing and Site Usage Information
Our Data Usage Policy covers how we maintain and use information about you that is collected by our Websites and server logs.
Non Personal Browsing Information We Collect. When you use the Websites, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) may collect information indirectly and automatically (through, for example, the use of your "IP address") about your activities while visiting the Websites and information about the browser you are using.
No Linking. We do not intentionally link browsing information or information from our server logs to the personal information you submit to us. We use this information for internal purposes only, such as to help understand how the Websites are being used, to improve our Websites and the features we provide, and for systems administration purposes. TheIceSolution may use a third party analytics provider to help us collect and analyze non personal browsing information through operation of our Websites for those same purposes.
No Retention. TheIceSolution discards non personal browsing information from our server logs once we have used the information for the limited purposes noted above, under "No Linking."
Notice. If TheIceSolution is required to provide a third party with your non personal browsing information or to log in on behalf of a user (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then TheIceSolution will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless TheIceSolution is prohibited by law from doing so or is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Reorganization or Spin-Offs
Special Note to International Users
The Websites are hosted in the United States. If you are accessing the Websites from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as the EU and other regions. By providing your personal data you consent to:
- the transfer of your personal data to the United States as indicated above.
Effective Date: April 8, 2016